Sunday, May 2, 2010

40 People FlashMob in Smithers














Smithers' celebration of International Dance Day was a huge success! I put a call out to our community through email. I made it easy for people to say, ‘YES.” The first rehearsal had 15 people come – ages ranges from teens to 50’s. Then word of mouth took over. At the second rehearsal there were 36 people. Others learned the dance through friends or the Utube posting explaining the moves. I knew it was going to be a great success when people I had never met before showed up to the rehearsals. In the end, we had over 40 different people participate in 5 locations across the town!

“I saw the dance at Safeway. I was just doing my shopping, I had no idea anything was going on. It was fun that something unexpected happened. It made my whole day. I had a huge smile on my face all the way home.” – Elke Heinemann-Pesch, observer

“I had fun taking part in the dance even though I did NOT get all the steps right. It was WAYYYYY outside of my comfort zone and was a very very good thing for me to do. “ – Valerie Purnell, BV Credit Union employee and FlashMob participant

No comments:

Post a Comment