Thursday, October 8, 2009

Meredith's Tour Blog #1: Tour Prep

First off I wanted to say thank you to Joyce and Caroline for asking me to blog for the tour! I am so excited to share our experiences on the road.

Day, Amber and I have almost made it through week one of rehearsals. We are having a blast putting Surge together and are amazed at how much of the choreography has stayed in our bodies since it has been 2/3 years since we last danced the piece. I find it to be an incredibly rewarding experience to get to return to this work as I feel like my understanding of it is completely different 3 years later.

Surge is also an incredibly physically demanding piece. I have already gone through a bag of epson salts this week and Arnica cream is my savior at the moment. But despite the aches and pains, dancing in Surge makes me feel so alive that the sore muscles are all worth it.

I also heard that Tara is rocking it in rehearsals with Banger. I know its going to be a fantastic tour and we can't wait to hit the road next week and perform in some of the most beautiful parts of BC. Our first stop is Kelowna next Friday night and we are pumped!

1 comment:

  1. Meredith!

    Thanks so much for agreeing to be a part of this touring side-project! I'm so excited to have you on board to share with people an inside look to life on the road for a dancer...

    For those of you reading this, you should also know that Meredith is a Made in BC tour veteran. She was on the road last year with Karen Jamieson Dance's The Sisyphus Project.

    As I write this the Light & Metal team are on their way to Kelowna, for the first date of this year's tour...

    ReplyDelete